Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nuances of Light - sold

I was quite inspired when I saw Carol Marine's little white angel painting arrive in my inbox, having just painted a white ceramic object (white ceramic coffee cup) next to a slice of orange that same day.
So I decided for today's painting, to paint the coffee cup and orange slice again, this time with a much lighter value scale, to see what would happen. It's always surprising, the results with the challenges you give yourself. I ended up using mostly purple, yellow, orange and burnt umber, to modify the white (ok, some ultramarine blue too). Those colors are complements in an analogous sort of way, on the color wheel.

To Buy this painting, click on the link:
Click Here to Bid
This auction begins Thursday, it is a 7 day auction.
This auction ends on Thursday, Dec 15, 6pm PDT.

6"x6" unframed :: oil on panel