Monday, November 10, 2014

My Mother's Copper Pot

6"x6" | oil on archival panel
This copper pot has sentimental value, it belonged to my mother. I have never painted copper before, so, like many of my small 6"x6" paintings, it was an experiment. I liked doing it! One of the things I liked about it, was composing the still life, I have always liked putting turquoise and orange objects together, one of my favorite color combinations.
This painting is part of the weekly painting challenge on Daily Paintworks, the challenge this week is copper.

Click this link to view "My Mother's Copper Pot" oil painting on Daily Paintworks Website, and to see all of my available paintings.

Pinterest Tip - you can hover over the painting and a "pin" button automatically pops up, so you can easily pin any painting to a pinterest board.